I love the first bag but its a bit small so I decided I needed a deeper bag. I used the same template as last time but made it quite a bit deeper and a little bit wider, but forgot to actually measure my pieces. I didn't have enough for handles so used a set of purchased handles.
I put a zipped pocket on the outside. The zips I had were a bit short. Wish I'd bought some longer ones.
For the lining I used a 1/2 metre of cotton I bought from Social Fabric last autumn. The inside has a row of slip pockets for my phone, my business cards, knitters tool tin and 2 pens plus a zipped pocket.
I tend to carry my Nexus 7 tablet around with me and for a while I've wanted to make a slip pocket between the lining and outer fabric for my tablet. It was a bit fiddly and I struggled to work out how to attach the inner and outer bag but worked it out eventually.
After I finished the bag on Friday I started on the work sewing: making two aprons with pockets for Simon and I to wear at shows this year. With the first show, WonderWool, next weekend this task was urgent. I used this Purl Bee pattern as my template.
The aprons themselves are easy to make but I wanted zipped and slip pockets for money, pens, phone, notebook and stuff. I managed to make a zipped pocket covered by a slip pocket on the green apron but it was fiddly.
I'm not 100% happy with it but I thought zipped pockets would be useful for keeping money secure.
Zipped pocket covered by slip pockets. There are two of each pockets. Not 100% happy with the neatness of my sewing!
I sewed three lines down across the pockets to divide each pocket into three. This pocket looks much neater. I'm thinking about taking off the pockets on the green apron and doing the same as I did for the purple apron. I don't have ties yet so till the ties are sewn on and we can try them on I'm not making a final decision.